I have an XT with 1.5 miles on it! Between freezing temps and breaking my collarbone (on a WR450 in Baja), I've only had the chance to ride it from the dealer's lot on to my trailer!
I considered the same three bikes. FWIW, some of my purchase considerations were:
1) TW and DR 10% less displacement.
2) XT considerably lighter than DR.
3) XT has 6 spd, with very low 1st gear for trail use.
4) XT owners have great web site for support / questions, etc. (www.xt225.com
5) Fat tires on TW surely suck some performance (which even ladies will want sooner or later somewhere - guaranteed), and if you get into a tight spot in mud or sand - especially if you're going slow, those fat tires look to me like they'd be a disadvantage for quick and accurate turning. (Probably someone will dispute that.)
But like someone else said - any of the three will be fun city - just pick the one that makes your heart glad!
Wear good gear and have fun!