View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #26
Outwardbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
ADVcat

As you can see here, all three bikes have their attributes. I went thru this decision-matrix just two weeks ago for my wife. Here's what I learned

- All 3 bikes are relatively rare. Try a Crazedlist search of all cities East of the Mississippi and you'll find only a couple of each. And they DO sell quickly (and usually above 'bluebook' price), as they are in demand by folks exactly like you.

- Find the bike which is in the best shape and is closest to you. Buy it. Then ride the crap out've it. I'm not attempting humor here: I'm serious. In 6 months of riding you will change your riding tastes as your experience grows. It will become apparent which bike would be best for you (may not even be one of the three).

- If the right bike for you is NOT the one you have, remember how rare they are. Yours will sell fast. Your second purchase will be MUCH more informed than your first. As a reader of this list you'll notice most members have more than one bike. That's not coincidental. You will too, probably. This sport is THAT much fun.

- Above all it pays to remember that it is the RIDE, not the bike. Welcome to the asylum...

Coop
Outwardbound is offline   Reply With Quote