View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #28
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
just one more opinion...

It depends WHAT YOU WANT THE BIKE FOR.

The TW (which I have never ridden) is a fun bike not any kind of performer.

We used to have a DR-200 and I was not impressed. I thought the suspension sucked off-road. It would be fine on dirt roads and local roads. There is very little aftermarket for the bike and while it has frame tubes under the engine, between the tubes is open (no bash plate). The only folks I found who had bash plates, either made 'em themselves, or had them made locally. I don't know why the DR comes with a bigger gas tank than a DRZ-400; a lot of these bikes aren't ridden much and it just means more gas gets old sitting in the tank, while very very few people actually are going to "need" 250+ mile range on a bike of this size and (low) performance.

From what we learned later, we should have gotten the XT for its somewhat better performance including somewhat better off-road suspension.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote