Thread: clutch noises
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #8
ktm frank OP
frenchy adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Thumb clutch noise

As a matter of fact ktm canada rep talk to me about my silver's clutch wich is an 03 not a real 04 like sold in canada.It seems like those knows a lot but wont tell you a lot!
They want you most of the time to get the bike to the stealer for scheduled maintenance and while your ride is in their shop they'll fix it.
And for some issues you wont know about it.
I got rid of my 950adv last august and bought a dl 1000 because i could'nt deal with the lack of knowledge of about the ktm at my stealer.Everytime i tried to get answer to my questions i came back home with my questions!!! i,d say
So,i must admit that i found most of my anwers here on the forum.
Like canisterectomy that affected most of north american ktm 950's
my dealer would never agree that there was a problem with that!
If a guy is not willinf to gat his Hands dirty a ktm is maybe not the the for you.Personnaly i just like to hop on the beast and go!!!!!!!
Not to mess around with my bike,ktm are exotic motorcycle like a ferrari or some other toys like that and when you own such a toy you have to be willing to live with the highs and lows of owning such a beautiful piece of racing engineering,not street engineering like japanese rice burner!!!!!!
Recently i had a problem with my v-strom it took a few days and the guy from suzuki canada called me at home!they did not want me to be angry for a little problem that can be fixed so easily.
Bigger company,better service i guess!