View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #50
riderchick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by willf650
Riderchick just bought a TW and since she's ridden with Eric I'm sure I can talk her into letting you try the TW if you want to take a trip down here and sit on one first hand.

Will
Hi Deb (and Eric)!

As Willf650 said, I just bought a used TW200 and have started learning how to ride (I'm taking the MSF beginner course March 15, 17, 18). I'm not planning on doing roads around here (too much traffic and too many crazy drivers in the Philly/Wilmington area for me), just dirt & the possible vacation to much more remote areas that we'd trailer the bikes to. Which means the speed and power on the TW is just fine for me. I'll leave the zipping around to Will on one of his other "toys."

So far I've done two trips on the C&D canal on the bike and it's a pretty good fit for me at 5ft 1.5 with a 28in inseam. I can just tippy toe the ground while sitting so we're looking at buying a used seat on ebay to try trimming it down to see if the compromise between touching the ground and having less padding on my rear is worth it.

Don't know anyone with the other bikes for you to compare to, but you are welcome to come down to DE and try the TW out if you want. (We're trailer-less until the end of March so no upcoming road trips to PA for us right now) Drop me a PM or email to coordinate calendars if you're interested.

Jennifer