View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #122
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Well, amigos.... the Baja trip was coming to an end similar to it's beginnings....wet and cold weather, interstate droning, and some uncertainties as to what would happen next.

Darren and i left Wayne at South Sound BMW after some final bike comparisons...Wayne still loves his 1150 Adventurer more than all the other GS's (secretly preferring it to the 1200....ssshhhh)

We signed up to win an HP2...

But as that was over 6 weeks ago, I have come to accept that some other lucky rider has bragging rights

I had been wanting a good Barbeque feed ever since we started this trip and had not had any up to this point. The blessing of the gods presented a Barbeque joint just down the road from the dealership and we pulled in..

I ordered the ribs as did Darren....the beans and coleslaw were average and the pork was fatty or dry...a disappointment...but a cheaper disappointment than the Cowboy Steak...

We saddled up for the last blast home to Kamloops ....

When we arrived home in the early evening, we were greeted by a few feet of snow covering Darren's truck and the drive partially shovelled....and that lovely pile of snow at the end of the drive left by the snowplow....neither of us were necessarily ready for all that form of reality.

After some unloading, shovelling, and vehicle shuffling, Darren headed off for the night and I rekindled the home fires...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote