View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #41
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnckr
I was thinking the same thing. The 950 screen is like a pole flowing through air or water. Much more air flows around the sides than over the top. The eddies it creates behind the screen, I feel, are vertical and move right and left instead of up and down.

Here's my idea, just not sure how to implement it.

In summary, create an air blanket along the rear vertical edges of the screen that prevents outside air from turning back into the screen to fill the pressure void.

Cut holes in the bottom front of the screen and surround them with some kind of open hood. The hood helps scoop more air than just what flows over the holes.

Behind the screen, using some smooth piping or shaped channel, direct the air to flow at the back vertical edge of each side of the screen.

That directed air would help alleviate the vacuum at the reard edges and prevent the outside air from turning back and rushing to fill the void behind/inside the screen.

The scoops I believe are necessary because they increase the volume of air inside the screen, and correspondingly, decrease the volume flowing over and outside the screen.

This view from left:

..................A /
.................A /
................A /
...............A /
..............A /
.............A /
............A /
.....A \___/
---->
.....A ___
.....A/.. /
.......A /

OR hood captures vertical flowing air (Air =A) instead of air flowing up and over

This view is from above:
A ....................AAAAAAAA
A ................../ A/
A ................./ A/
A ................/ A/
A .............../ A/
A......... ___/ A /
---> A ........A /
A ...............| |
---> ...........| |
A ...............| |
---> A....___ A \
A................ \ A \
A ...................\ A\
A.................... \ A \
A ......................\ A\
A...................... AAAAAAAAAAA

I'll bet you knock em dead when text messaging!

I'm headed to the shop to see what I can do to the sides. The worst that can happen is I buy another screen.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote