View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #1560
herrdirektor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT
15 days from now BMW is announcing the new 1250 Adventure. It is 75 Lbs. lighter and makes 140HP and 100 Lb Fts of torque. The New GSAR will get 65.237 miles per gallon fully loaded and will have push button deployable knobbies. The drivetrain and engine will use high grade lifetime walrus whisker oil and will be sealed to guard against tampering. The bike will not use a key, it will employ a fingerprint scanning device on the starter button. An option will be a heated cupholder designed in conjunction with Starbucks, perfectly sized for your venti Mocha yada yada yada with skim.
No Starbucks over here in the Netherlands I'm afraid (first one to open in 2007, but behind customs at the national airport), so no point for having that option over here. But I did get the specs of the GSA-R from my dealer during my visit today. Great to hear that BMW's i-Drive for automobiles is to be implemented in a supercompact version on the GSA-R. No more navigation/mp3 players needing to be purchased afterwards, but a mature and fully, integrated version straight from the Berlin factory on your bike. Price is a bit steep, but I'm sure the 2200 US $ for it will be worth every penny. Can't wait for two full weeks, I want to see it now !!!
herrdirektor is offline   Reply With Quote