Thread: Trailer Queens
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
Gustavo OP
Motociclista Errante

Oddometer: 2,286
CA to NM

After finally finding a place to sleep, we quickly called it a night, expecting (at least I was) to get an early start the next morning.

It was no problem, I did get an early start. It's just that Brian and Tony weren't ready quite yet... This would be a recuring theme throughout the trip. Brian and Tony are not morning people. I wake up without an alarm clock at 5:30 almost regardless of when I went to bed.

We finally got on the road (with a little help from Starbucks) around 8.

Tony and Brian couldn't take riding in the truck any longer, they moved to riding their trailer queens:

Driving down the highway brings some of the most unexpected experiences. I thought about showing them mine, but somehow didn't think they'd be impressed:

I have always liked the windmill farms near Desert Hot Springs in CA:

I must have seen the sign to the General Patton museum tens of times driving along I-10, but I never got off the highway to see what's there. By chance, it was time to make our pit stop, so we got a quick look at it. If you like army history, this could make an interesting stop.

Finally, we made it to Las Cruces, NM, sometime after 11PM. Tony was doing his stretching exercises and said I shouldn't take a picture. Yeah, right, like I would miss the opportunity...

Gustavo

Gustavo screwed with this post 03-26-2007 at 09:52 AM
Gustavo is offline   Reply With Quote