View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #24
tricepilot OP
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082
I couldn't wait to get back to Mexico after going deep in country in October of 2006. That trip was to visit some of Mexico's colonial cities such as San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Zacatecas, and Ciudad Valles. Here's the trusty R1200GSA in the middle of the Sierra Madres in the early morning...let me tell you, the 1200GSA is equally killer off-road but is also insane in the twisties - it will give you whatever you need whenever you need it.

My wife likes photos of all the glorious plants and flowers of Mexico, so if she lets me take the trips, I'm happy to oblige. This one was made into prints and even part of a mexico photo greeting card project.

Friend Doris said it best - Mexico has it's own patina to it, part history, part culture, part, part magic.

Everywhere I went, there was stunning architecture and very friendly, helpful people. And now for my favorite city in all of Mexico, Guanajuato...

Above is a cathedral in Guanajuato. The tunnel system there used as a street system in modern day has to be ridden to be appreciated. Below these surface streets is a web of old mine shafts converted into actual city streets, with signs, stop lights, and intersections. You have to be in it to believe it.

tricepilot screwed with this post 04-05-2007 at 10:06 AM
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote