View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #33
AdvRydr OP
De asini vmbra disceptare

Oddometer: 3,247
We did better with our departure time on Day 2, leaving grandpa's house by 10AM on yet another gorgeous day, with everything dry but our gloves, which we attached to the tailbag (is somethig that bog considered a tailbag? a tail-duffel?) under the straps to flap in the wind.

The midwest is kind of boring,

...there had been some flooding though...

As we continued north on Rte 41 from Vincennes, we came across this guy, hauling ass down the highway and looking cool:

We took a right turn at Terre Haute IN and went east on I-70 through Indianapolis and Dayton to Columbus.

I think this is Indianapolis:

We stopped at a Wal-Mart for lunch supplies and enjoyed them at the Greenfield rest stop, because you know we dine at only the finest establishments on the road:

Along this stretch of highway through Indiana and Ohio, we were encountering heavy gusts under a clear blue sky. Gusts are especially fun when splitting the gap between a row of semis and a concrete barricade:

In downtown Columbus, we stopped at this cool coffeeshop, the Cup O Joe:

In Columbus, we got onto I-71 north to Cleveland, and on this leg we got a nice sunset.

From Cleveland, we took I-90 along the south side of Lake Erie, and here we crossed the 1000-mile mark on our journey, a photo I posted earlier in the thread. It was a little chilly and a little rainy, but nothing much in the weather department, really.

We found a lovely inn in Erie, PA, the Tallyho-Tel (get it?!), which shared a parking lot with a lovely neighborhood bar, because, as you will see, we only stay at the best hotels while on the road.

(All kidding aside, it was clean and friendly, and we enjoyed the bar as well.)

And here ends day two.