View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 AM   #42
AdvRydr OP
De asini vmbra disceptare

Oddometer: 3,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519
Thanks for the report. What kind of people did you meet?

Also, if you're in this area, this run'll spoil you for riding roller coasters.

I hope the next time you're up this direction the Canadian weather's more friendly!
Aside from Norm, the self-appointed protector of the Buddhist temple, and Mike, the would-be parking-fee extortionist ... we found everyone on the Canadian side particularly to be extremely friendly. Even the Ferris wheel operator wanted to have a good chat (in the tourist off-season, I imagine she gets lonely!).

Additionally came across some exceptional restaurants and hotels. The Guru Indian restaurant in Niagara Falls was particularly enjoyable. Also, for a budget hotel especially, the Niagara Falls Travelodge offered exceptional service and a great location, if you enjoy being right in the touristy area. And I think Williamsport, PA and the Genetti hotel is worthy of its own visit, I really wish we could have spent more time there.

We planned a little more visiting time with both relatives and ADV folks on the eastern leg of our loop, but time and weather just didn't allow the meanderings we had hoped for, which is as good an excuse as any to take more trips in the coming months.

Oh man, I love roller coasters...