View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #12
Nightstalker OP
YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer: 5,913
Tail of the Dragon Ride

Had a late Thursday night with a sick cat (I was hoping that my cats would die before our trip, but alas, at 15 and 16 they're riding along), so I slept in on Friday and moisied out for a late afternoon jaunt over to the Dragon.

Started on the Foothills Parkway, just a few miles up the road from my campground.

I stopped at one of the overlooks and discovered another road just a few feet down a bank from the parkway and away I went. This took me through Top of the World and Happy Valley and connected up with TN RT 129 on the other side of the stream from the Foothills Parkway. I paused for a moment because I thought I had heard sirens, and sure enough, an ambulance was heading down the parkway to 129 and proceeded towards the Dragon. That can't be good. I hopped on 129 behind the ambulance and the two of us were cruising along at 70-75 MPH. The ambulance passed a car and a few moments later, I too passed the car. Looked in my mirror and saw a TN state trooper coming up on me FAST! "Get ready to pull over and get a ticket", was going through my head, but that poor bastard that crashed on the Dragon's misfortune, was my fortune. The trooper continued on behind the ambulance. I continued at a slower pace, a little closer to the posted speed limit.

I stopped to hangout at THE OVERLOOK with some other riders from Alabama and Illinois, and found out that the wreck was a woman on a cruiser who bashed up her leg pretty bad only a few turns up the road.

Dragonistas from Alabama & Illinois

And their bikes, more typically seen on the Dragon.

Hot Fuzz. I wonder if he'll send me my ticket in the mail?

North American
Ride Report Index and GPX files at:

NSRides.com

Nightstalker rides North America 2007

snug htiw swoC
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote