Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
leonphelps OP
TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Oddometer: 1,037
Mine is a 91, DR350E, dirt only, kickstart. It was kind of a basket case when I got it. The engine was rebuilt, the crank had the oil starvation problem, it blew up!! New Wesico piston too. New Clutch plates, The carb was shot, I tried a rebuild but it was just too tired to save. SO i got a new one from bikebandit.com, $300 plus. I rejetted it and it runs good once its started. Its just a PAIN IN THE ASS to start sometimes, kick and kick and kick. And the clutch

I need electric start. All in all though a good bike, I just hate when it stalls in the woods, hard to start when its hot. The clutch basket is soft aluminum so its tough to find neutral when its super hot. I could replace the basket with a new one from Jesse K but I don't know how much $$ I want to keep dumping in the bike.

I did an enduro school in Meriden CT a few weekends ago. It was from a dead start, which was a pain in the ass. I droped the bike a few times and stalled it out. I kicked it over soo trying to start it I wore myself out.

I like to say the bike has "character" :)

It was my first dirt bike in about 19 years, my old one was a KDX200 2 stroke.

leonphelps is offline   Reply With Quote