View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Oddometer: 519
Great report, Wachs is an awesome trail guide.
It was a real pleasure to meet some fellow ADV riders, Robdogg and his buddy Brent carry the torch well. Their excitement to ride in our little paradise was invigorating. I grew up in the area, so I often forget how great it is. Wachs took us all out for a real buffet of dirt delights. Robdogg and Brent were real troopers. Wachs has mentioned that the little trail we took to get out of the last canyon was all sand and 2ft. deep whoops. I think we are all pretty worked when we got to this point.

We follow this little trail for 20 minutes, it's complete focus and willpower that keeps me from crashing every few feet. The 950 is an amazing bike that will do it all, but that thing gets heavy real fast in the tight singletrack. I'm thinking robdogg is going to be a little bummed that we took him thru this stuff on the big bike. He shows up smiling and says " You have'nt shown me anything bad today but, that was my least favorite".
What a guy. That's what makes a good riding partner.

There is another thread in the regional forum for the saturday ride.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=229054&page=5

Wish I could have been on that ride as well, but I spent saturday on my back recovering.
peace,
"Did you hit him? You shoulda hit him, right in the throat. How dare he. Next time someone expresses concern for my well-being while i'm sprawled out in a public place, i'm gonna pull out their tongue and use it to paint my boat, and then i'm coming for their family."--SinFrenas

07 Husky SMR510
06 950s
06 Husky TE450
90 KX500
04 SDG mini
StihlRigg is offline   Reply With Quote