View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #154
mrmaico OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooksta
Barry,

I was messing around with my new winglets (will be installing them this afternoon) and it appears if I mount them approximately the same way as was done in the Yellow-painted Adventure photos, the Givi screen should retain its adjustability for all positions. So my challenge/decision is whether or not to mount them closer in or mount them a little further out. Any last suggestions from anyone?
The thing I would worry about by mounting them farther out is it will possibly be putting a little more stress on the bodywork at speed. You also might be getting too much air past the inner edge of the winglet by moving them out. If I were you I'd just mount them as close to the pictures as possible.

On mine it doesn't look like I would be able to adjust the screen all the way up without it hitting the winglets. I've never bothered to check it out because it looks like I would be looking through the screen at my height (5' 10"). I think some people have had to trim a bit off the screen to get the full range of adjustment. And besides I think it looks dorky with the screen setting straight up.

Barry

I have mine set at this angle, haven't messed with the adjustment in at least a year......

mrmaico is offline   Reply With Quote