View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
kenaroo OP
I am because i ride

Oddometer: 808
Matt:

I'm using the weld on mount for my bike. I just took it to my fabricator an he did a great job welding it on. It's very simular to the solid mounts HRC is using on their baja race bikes to hold the dual head lamps.
I also have a design for a bolt on that looks like it will support a lot of weight using the scotts forward post. the fairing did very well on a ride we call the TexMex 500 (two days 500 miles) here in texas.

I'm not opposed of sending you the sheet metal drawings for the mounts since I know you have a fab shop close to you that could bend and machine the mounts yourself.

Shoot me a PM with your phone # and I'll call you to discuss special NRE pricing for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybag
Ken:
Looks great. When we talked about fairings in Caliente for the XRs last year I just thought this would be a pipe dream but you've done an awesome job. This may be the deal that gets me to keep my XR.

Do you have pictures of the mounting system for the fairing and lights? Are you using a weld on bracket or carrying it off the Scotts post? I'm assuming a weld on bracket would make it stronger to carry a roadbook or GPS. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Matt

what does your garage look like
http://www.garage-interiors.com

kenaroo screwed with this post 06-14-2007 at 02:28 PM
kenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote