View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #90
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeker43
glad that worked itself out.

i've had a couple of instances where i filled up, then noticed that the bike seemed a little weak(er than usual). we were in the u/p last year and got some gas that caused 2 out of 3 bikes to sputter a bit. all the bikes were fuel injected, but one person either didn't notice, or maybe the power commander on her bike compensated for it.

and at 90 degrees, i need a bit more speed than the 200 can provide to stay cool.
It came back. When the bike is fully warmed up, it idles nice and steady, but there is a spot just above idle where the engine is unsteady. I took the carb completely apart and looked carefully at all the jets (took them out) and can't see any problem, and put it back together. I put a couple ounces of Seafoam in the gas and we'll see how it goes. There's room for about a another gallon in the tank. Tomorrow I'll top it off with different gas and see what happens.

Sounds like a fine ride...the east coast of Lake Michigan and back is a good trek for you, if you live there in the thumb. The DR200 will go 55 just fine, even for me at 200 pounds, as long as there's no head wind.

Edit: Oh, I see you went to the east coast of Michigan, not the east coast of Lake Michigan. Nice ride.

My wife and I rode around in the country on our 200s hunting for raspberrys today. They're all just getting perfectly ripe now here. We found and ate many, many handfuls. Man, I'm glad we have those 200cc bikes to go exploring.

Klay screwed with this post 06-25-2007 at 05:17 PM
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote