View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,496
Yay, the beautiful town of Dawson! Many had arrived earlier.

Be forewarned, it seems some hotel reservations are getting more similar to rental car reservations in that even tho you make them, they may not be there when you arrive! It happened to more than a few here. The desk clerk was adamant about there NOT being anything available even tho reservations HAD been made! It even happened to some who were very close with the hotel's owner. After tracking him down some rooms "magically" became available. No harm, no foul. Whew.

Dawson is a very popular tourist destination. Here are some "other" travelers admiring some of the machinery that came to our little gathering. There was quite a variety of bikes that were ridden in from all over. Let me tell you, I admire the guy and the gal that rode those cruisers that are being pointed at too! You'll see a pic later of those two bikes at the top of a dome which required going up a very long, steep, and rough dirt road on the poker run. Very impressive.

Bikes, bikes, and more bikes.

Like me, it was Jim's first D2D. He'd been here a few times before in the winter on organized snowmachine rides from Tok but this was his first summertime visit. And also like me and most others, he also knew MANY attendees from our "small" riding community in AK. I'll end this post here with Jim proudly standing behind his bike (probably talking about HOW MUCH FUN he's been having on it ) and begin again with the poker run.

AKDuc screwed with this post 12-05-2007 at 02:32 AM
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote