View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #128
Bonebag
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gum
Gday, Im new to this and im still waiting on my HP2, thus the dumb question. I take it this it the key that packs up ????. If so a spare key will fix it ?????. Please tell me this is so. I plan on taking this bike accross Australia, through the desert. How much fun will this be, worring that at any time it wont start. Thanks Gum .
Gum,

I really wouldn't worry about it..this thread is about a few (very, very, small percentage) of GS/HP2 riders who have had there EWS system fail for one reason or another. The issue that is important here is that is the system doing what it is supposed to (keep bike from being lifted) and is it worth the effort for something that could and has stranded a few of our bretheren in the middle of nowhere) Most all riders have never had and never will have any problems with there bikes as far as EWS is concerned..but we (speaking for everyone) would like the option to have it removed. Ride away..I'm leaving on a 7K mile trip in a few weeks..you won't find me hesitating to go cause of this.
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote