View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #140
Beeming
Itchy Feet

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 761
Has anyone of us contacted BMW about this problem? Instead of relying on them to "trace parts sold" and INFER that there is a problem from that information?
We should all contact BMW about this and any other problem. Not that it will do any good, but at least we're not relying on them to figure it out from parts sold.
????
I would be VERY interested in a way to bypass this thing. I've seen the error a few times on my dash, but haven't paid any attention to it, just turned the key off and back on again. Now I feel like it is a ticking bomb waiting to go off.
Has anybody contacted the GS911 manufacturers to see if they could come up with something?
I'm with Gadget Boy, the challenge is on!

I'll pay a lawyer to do some investigation on how common this problem is if I break down in the middle of nowhere and it costs me $5000 to get my bike home! That is if I don't perish
It would be within their own best interests to either better the system or have some bypass system like Gum stated they have with the cars.
The courts would have a field day if its found BMW knew a problem existed and did nothing to fix it no matter how infrequent it may or may not be.
Not all of us travel the motorways within the reaches of assistance.

Iron Side Up

Tads
07 GS1200ADV (History), 2008 Oz Trike, 93 FLHS HD, 83 XLH HD(Missus Bike), 97 GSX-R-600(Ex SuperSport Race Bike), 97 XR-400, 74 Norton Commando Mk II(Ex Post Classic race Bike), 06 DT-175, 82 CB-250, 02 VMoto. Work to Ride, Ride to Work
http://wwf.org.au/ourwork/species/
...Adventure before Dementia...
Beeming is offline   Reply With Quote