Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #189
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8te
Bobby
If I follw this thought
then could you place the EWS ring and antenna together in a out of the weather place on the bike and then use a regular key to start the bike ?

Correct, but I do not feel failures are weather related as much as electrical component failure percentages. It truly is a rare event, but show stopper non the less if it does happen. I'd worry about it maybe just a tad more then Dr ABS's concerns in the scale of things. Difference here is it's not a safety issue and you can plan for the inevitable as it's easy to fix and pack with you. It would definitely be a piece to pack if let's say a group of R12's were heading on a long road trip. Just be careful removing or cutting the tie wraps holding the wiring harness in place around the ignition switch/antennae area. We are fixing a K12GTtoday that another dealer replaced the antennae on a little bit ago and just barely clipped one of the ignition wires, it broke on a road trip yesterday while the gent was in our neck of the woods, we're fixing it now.