Thread: 3 x KTM GO EAST
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #43
lordmaciek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,339
Talking Turkmenistan

Spend a couple of days in Baku. Done some work on the bikes with the assistance of few very sexy cats.

...and finally we are on the ferry across the Caspian to Turkmenistan.

Due to many problems: 5cm waves storm, closed port etc instead of spending 12 hours on the ferry, we spen 3 days:/

No beer, only bread and water so ... it was a very hard time for us.

Finally in Turkmenistan:

Fuel price: 1$ = 60 Liters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All thanx to the greatest man in the world - Turkmenbashi the Great. The ex president of Turkemnistan (dead now). The author of Ruknama - a book about Turkmenistan history and wats good or bad - a bible that must be read by every Turkmen.

Hot lake in a mountain i Kov-Ata:

People EXTREMELY nice!

The capital Ashgabat is also a project from Turkmenbashi the great head.
His golden statue in the center of the city. This guy had a lot of fantasy (and petro$)

Did I say that the people are extremly nice. Met IZ riders:

..and we go north through the Karakum desert to Darvaza, where there is a huge burning hole in the middle of the desert. 70 years ago there was a gas mine there, which collapsed with 100 people inside. Somebody set fire to it and... its burning. We had some problems finding it and get lost from the main track. Had a few dunes to pass (man down!) and when it got dark finally we could see the hole on the horizon.

Found the hole! On my KTM there was a 6666 that day! The Evil was with us!

We had also some visitors that night - road builders in a Catepilar:

..with a bottle of vodka

Darvaza

...and Uzbekistan next!

lordmaciek is offline   Reply With Quote