View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #14
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
My 90 year old mother

Nothing much to report, we just finished our Wisconsin loop. We had to cut it short, my back was talking to me. We both had fun, long one on one time with our mothers and sisters. Finally after a few enjoyable days in Milwaukee visiting Heidi’s brother / family I called ‘Time Out’ My back needs attention ASAP. We missed seeing my brothers and a best friend but I had to focus on my back.

We’re at the cabin now, staging and doing everything to build up our core strength preparing for the ride. A stronger body can endures more stress. I’ve bounced back this way before, I can do it again. Diligent training, nutrition, rest and recuperation.

The weather out west has been hotter then H this last week. A good time for this delay. In a couple more weeks the weather should be perfect and the tourist crowds will be a fraction. Expect the unexpected and make the best of it. That’s what we’re doing and you can Count on being updated as soon as we have something good.

A few pics of the beautiful Marinette, Menominee, Sturgeon Bay area.
Menominee Port:

Menominee light house:

Sturgeon Bay light house:

Sturgeon Bay, Door county:

A ferry that runs between Marinette and Sturgeon Bay, the Captain of the let me take the wheel on the way back to Marinette. He explained all the on board electronics along with some history and navigational lesions.

================================================== =================
My 90 year old mother just underwent emergency open heart bypass surgery. Heidi and I raced down to Green Bay Wisconsin after a brother of mine called with the news. We’re camped out at the hospital now helping my mother deal with her recovery. The first 36 hour after the operation was the worst. I have never seen anyone ever in such pain, not even depicted in a movie. We are at the start of the fourth day, My mother is smiling, walking and moving around. Wow, what a surreal happening. My mother keeps saying “This is Unreal!” I keep assuring her that every day will be a marked improvement and thank God it has. Well she just got washed up and we are going to watch “Sunday morning” show together. I am one F’ing lucky dude!

Don’t have time to respond to the replies except thanks all for the good words!

www.JustAdventureTravel.net
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote