View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
Merle O'Broham
too beaucoup

Oddometer: 1,625
one in Chicago

Hi,

I've had mine since last May and love it. Of course as a DS, it has its compromises. Since I'm into tinkering, I'm always thinking of either making it more dirt-worthy or better on the hwy. I use it as a commuter and ride just about every day. Just scored an OEM rack off ebay and put the JCWhitney Givi knock-off box on the back (the one with the stupid iron cross sticker). Wolfman tank bag and duffel for road trips. On the street it's just fine. Got to hang on above 65-70 mph. I put some handguards on it and made a taller windshield. Those help a bit, but it's no V-Strom. You *can* tour, but it's tiring. It's quite a buffalo to ride off-road. You've got to be pretty deliberate. Mine bottoms out on any jump bigger than a few feet. Bought it with ~8600 miles, now it's got 15k. I bought the bike as a re-entry after not riding for a while. Methinks having a Wee and maybe a small KLX would fit my purposes better. Shoot, but for what I paid for it, no complaints at all. There's a Yahoo! Group for NX riders with a lot of fellows from down under. Good luck.

Merle O'Broham screwed with this post 04-05-2009 at 06:14 AM
Merle O'Broham is offline   Reply With Quote