View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #163
drrags OP
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
Mayhem at the Arctic Circle!

It definitely feels like some sort of accomplishment to reach the Arctic Circle! Spirits are high with talk of the ride, and the distance we've covered, sprinkled with wide-eyed talk of bears and what we need to do to avoid becoming a bear turd.

Sorry Tom, I guess we got here first, I don't see your initials.
You will meet Tom later.

Yup, my pulse is steady, I'm ready to go on stage now and do my impression of the Lord of the Dance!

I like this picture so much that I made it my Smugmug bio photo. I think it will attract the chicks

Although, this was a close second

Check out the mileage at the Arctic Circle, creepy, hmm?

Here are two hardcore bikers that left Tierra del Fuego 18 months ago on bicycles! Petra kommt aus Der Schweiz und Dirk kommt aus Deutschland. They are on the tour to raise awareness for Doctors Without Borders. Check out their webpage at http://www.pipdip.de/index.html Two great people and it was a pleasure to meet them.

But while we were standing around talking, there was a slight noise to our left that interupted us. WTF could that be:

The wind blew one of the KLR's over into its neighbor, knocking it down, too.
Funny thing was, when the bikes fell over, the owners simply casually strolled over as if this was a daily occurance. We were more excited than they were!

drrags screwed with this post 08-06-2007 at 03:38 PM
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote