View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,677
So here is my story, I am sticking to it. Gfunk arrives at my house at a reasonable hour and we start our trek over Sonora Pass. We are Advriders so we say this to 26% grades

Here we are handling everything it has to offer.

Conquering the Pass

We arrive safely at WMRS campground at Browns Meadow. Gfunk is preparing ................dinner

All the neat pictures taken Saturday, did not turn out due sand and a sticky camera shudder. This about sums up the day.

Sunday arrives, Do we take silver canyon or the long easy way? Wanting to get a picture of Gfunk mastering the canyon, I ride ahead to document the event.

He should be here any minute.

No that is not him. Thats Sean on his KTM

So I wait and wait. No Gfunk. Ask a couple riders has anyone seen Gfunk.
Some report he is alive and well at the second creek crossing, he is OK, bike looks OK. Oly is with him. So I wrongly conclude they are reconsidering their options and probably will take the alternate route up.
So I decide to go on up at meet them at the site of our quest, the sheep pens

Waiting longer at WMRS. no Gfunk or Oly. Backtrack the route to the Top of Silver canyon. Stop a few riders asking about the missing pair, and put out a BOL, and then go down Wyman canyon

Arrived back at camp and no Gfunk. Now I am getting worried, only to see him arrive 15 minutes later.

About sums up the day.
itsatdm is online now   Reply With Quote