View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #31
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Wink A serious game of Gin:

I’m starting to feel the Dharma, I think we both are. Our minds are freeing. We are focused only on our reality and what is important to us now, at this point in time. We find ourselves looking intensely into each others eyes and nearly burst with emotion. We are falling more in love. We are discovering ourselves and each other all over again as if for the first time. This trip has already been a journey in more ways then one.

================================================== ==================================
Friday:
The sun is red again this morning. We need to find exactly where those forest fires are.

Heidi had a dream that my head burst in flames while I was lighting the camp stove. I can see why! I re-read the stove instructions. Now I know what I was doing wrong.

We had big thunder storms moving through the area overnight. We purchased a small short-wave radio for this trip. It’s about the size of a cigarette pack but thinner. We tuned into a local station and received constant updated of two cells, one cell they said is capable of producing ping-pong size and baseball sized hail. Then a tornado watch in the same cell. We were near the smaller cell and I kept assuring Heidi that it’s at a city close to us but moving the other way. I didn’t tell her that that other city is only a few miles away. We stayed up during the storm listing to the radio, counting how long it took for the thunder to reach us. We calculated it coming toward us, being close to us, a second away at the closest, and moving away. This was great. I love this kind of stuff And it kept Heidi from running and hiding in the shower room.

Heidi is having some bad pains in her hip and was up crying in the tent last night in pain. She doesn’t think it’s from riding or camping or hiking, none of that bothers her. She noticed the pain first after a long ‘jump-roping’ session over a week ago. She’s worried it’s something serious. Doctor Tom jumps in and diagnoses it as some type of inflammation in the hip caused by a marathon jump-roping session. The prescription is for anti-inflammatory medication, Ibuprofen and time. I need to take care of my riding partner and get her better. She’s part of my sole, my zest in life.

================================================== ==================================

Saturday: Wyoming
We get an early start. The temperatures are expected to be in the mid nineties today but were perfect all morning for riding.

Heading West from New Castle, WY. For over fifty mikes there was only one shade tree to park under. We hit it…

A bunny at Heidi’s feet.

An antelope checking us out.

Nice flowers. This stop was a score.

Tooling toward Casper, WY:
Heidi sees some rain way ahead, she comes up with a new signal for rain. It looked like we were going to ride right into it. We pull over near some cool rock formations and evaluate the situation. We decide to wait and see if it will pass. We pick a high rock formation and observe the sky. We determine the rain is moving away so we decide to just wait. 15 minutes we are back on the bike and the rain was gone. We did hit wet roadway and about 10 sprinkles. We made a good move there. We’re developing and honing good skills.

Sunday morning:
Heidi’s hip is good. We are at a motel in Casper, WY. –Like’n Life!

www.JustAdventureTravel.net
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote