View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
wrightstuff
AUTO DOC

Oddometer: 15
My wife has an 05 vstrom and I had the pleasure of putting 6000 miles on it this summer while yamaha had my fjr for 4 months to do a timing chain under warranty.I have to tell you,it's one of the best handling bikes I've ridden in a long time.The friggen thing is on rails.Had real bad buffeting at all speeds so I got the madstad adjustable windscreen mount and suzukis larger windscreen.both are a must have if you do any long distance.I dont think the wheels would hold up very well during pothole pinball though.I'm not sure but I think there are aftermarket spoke wheels available for the weestrom now.I did hit a few fire roads in upstate new york and she worked quite well.It has apretty comfy seat and great gas mileage.She will thrum along all day at 80-90 mph.I was really surprised by the overall performance of the 650.I traded the fjr and now have an 07 r1200gsa so I havent ridden the suzuki in a while.I rode a 650 dakar once for about 150 miles and if you do a fair amount of superslab riding I'd go with the vstrom.If your riding will be MOSTLY the commute within the pothole minefields I'd pick thr f650.Go to dealers and ride both if you can,thats the only way you can really decide.
76 kz900(turbo)
kdx200
wrightstuff is offline   Reply With Quote