View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #19
beaste
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Vee strom regins

I have a K5 Vstrom 650. Im 163 cm tall, 5f5i in old language and as i run the suspension on its hardest settings for handling reasons, the seat is at the limits of my ability to cope. No worries though,,,although tall, its balance and light weight, well compared to some of my previous bikes, makes this managable.

Two up with panniers and roll bag on back its all a bit of fun particularly mounting and dismounting!

The Funduro is a great bike but for the small increase in fuel usage the Vee Strom is a far better option if all your riding is on tar or good dirt roads. If your into tough fire trails the Funduro is better but remember not that much better as its still basically a road bike not a full on chook chaser unless you buy the dakkar version or the just released enduro model.

There is a suzuki factory lowering option...revised links and a further chop of the seat that will lower the seat height by 25mm I believe. Drama here is it also reduces what is an already marginal ground clearence for a chookie!

Reality is if you want longish suspension travel, good ground clearence and a seating position not like a trials bike then seat height is one the thing which will go UP!
beaste is offline   Reply With Quote