Oddometer: 6,302
Day 6
The Lighthouse Trail and points west.

Amazing! No rain last night, but plenty of dew
Fall is in the air I think

we hadn’t cleaned the pan after burgers, so this little guy decides to help out

packed up

leaving the cove

We zip along what’s left of the Marine Trail before Halifax. Because of the time, we decide not to explore Halifax, and just stop for a quick coffee & butter tart. Ah… Tim’s express

guess what? No butter tarts
Merc’s not impressed

back on the road

after Hubbards we pick up the coastal road & go through Mahone Bay & Lunenburg. Lots of German signs, and we find out later that Germans are coming over in droves & buying up vacation property… go figure.

we dribble along the coast for a while and finally end up on 103 around Broad River. Time to make some time. Merc leads & puts the hammer down. We get to Yarmouth in no time flat.

Leaving Yarmouth on route 1, we do a little “Garmin dirt road detour” towards Lake George for no apparent reason. I laughed anyway. Back on track we picked up the Evangeline Trail. One huge Catholic church after another. I wonder where all the people come from on a Sunday?

after a while, with the sun setting, and no campsites spotted for many miles, we started to wonder where we would end up. Finally got to Digby, found the NSLC & the local Sobey’s and got directions to a camp “down by the ferry”. It certainly wasn’t the best one we’d had, but it was home for the night.

safe with drinks and food and starting to cover miles towards home.

End of day 6
335 miles done.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.

g容g screwed with this post 08-28-2007 at 11:32 AM
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote