View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,244
Day 8
The long way home.

We get up to another beautiful day, finish our coffee & head off in search of a Tim’s. Our plan is just to take the Trans-Canada to the border, and then stop somewhere in Maine.

House with a gun turret?

getting’ down the road

we make it to the border in fine style. US border guards are basically a bunch of surly twats… and give us grief waiting in line on the bridge “do you have your documents?” yes.. right here in the tank bag “well take them out, we’re trying to speed this up. NO don’t stick your passport in your mouth, hold it in your hand!”.

F’king clown’s obviously never ridden a motorcycle. Anyway, the guy at the booth was nicer, and we’re through customs and stopped at a nearby gas station. It’s looking like rain… “how far to home?” and we realize we’ve gained an hour back on eastern time. “hey it’s Thursday, lets go to MotoMarket for food and see who’s hanging out” (Thursday is euro-trash night). So, with that decided we hit the slab. No pictures from here on, just grinding the miles. We arrive at MM, see a few friends and have some chow. Bone-tired, only another hour to home!

The tale of the tape:

576 miles on the last day.

I gotta say the trip was a blast, everyone we met along the way was friendly & helpful (except the border guards.. they need to take lessons from the Canadian girls! ).

Camping on a motorcycle was a hoot and we saw some amazing scenery. If you’ve ever been to Nova Scotia, you know what I mean, and I’m sure there’s tons more to see…. If you haven’t been WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????

Last, but not least, I’d like to say a word about our friend Adam Bell. Adam was killed by an old lady who turned left in front of him just over two years ago. Adam talked about going to Nova Scotia… he even had the map. Merc got the map from Adam’s widow, so in a way, he was with us too.

Miss ya old chum.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote