View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:01 AM   #43
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
Wink

The next morning was cold but clear and bright. Someone said it was down to 35 Deg. last night. We are struggling to stay warm with our light weight sleeping bag arrangement.

Waking up here we smell pine trees and fresh mountain air. Heidi and I are really into the mode now. Were eating healthy, exercising every day and celebrating life, especially the life we have together right here and now.

Of course with all of this I was feeling large and boasted that Im going for a swim. Heidi says I gotta see this! and grabs the camera (Were at about 7,600 feet)

When you jump into a high mountain lake like this dont try to turn around and say something smart to the people on shore because all that will come out are short high pitch little words ..this..isnice

I did get my breathing under control and swam a little. I feel good. Im getting back to my old cocky self. Being physical all day, reading, spending time with Heidi, this is the life we have dreamed about. On the road I feel like a pioneer traveling west to start a new life using just the tools we can carry. We will prevail. We will find a new way to live, a new way to love.

That morning was cold. We started out riding with full long-johns and down under our leathers.

More Tetons:

We blasted through Jackson Hole WY on our way to Rock Springs which is near Flaming Gorge national park. We stopped for gas and picked up some lunch food. It was hard to find a good spot to stop for lunch. We finally did find an excellent place.

We stopped for a small storm that raced across the sky in front of us. About ten minutes is all it took. We could see the rain was past where we were going. We did hit some wet roadway and got a little muddy.

www.JustAdventureTravel.net
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote