View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #84
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Fogotten company man

Steve,

I said the Aprilia had blinkers, I didn't say it was CA street legal. The dealer says that he sells them as dirt bikes, but when they come back for service they all have plates on them. They love them.
I had an Aprilia Falco(streetbike), sold it to get the Adventure S, great bike, no problems.
As for my blood, it's still Honda Red, it's just that I have been forgotten by the family. They don't build what I need. I wanted a CR 450f in 1998, but they didn't make it until 2002 so I got a 1998 YZ400f, then when the dual sport laws changed I needed a new bike to replace my beloved-heavily modified XR 400. I needed a CR 450x, but that was 2004 and the X wasn't out yet, so I went KTM because they made what I needed when I needed it. Same for the Adventure S, if team Honda had an upgraded Africa Twin that they would bring to the U.S. I'd be riding that. I've been forsaken by my own family, maybe I'm just ahead of my time.
So yeah, Get the XR, it'll stomp those KLRs in the dirt, you just have to kick start it. If you get it, I'd love to test ride it.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote