View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #89
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,722
Husa-still broke down? Montibank is!

After much deliberation I think I am going to keep the berg. I may buy a second bike once I have the berg paid off, to ride when the berg is broken. I was really lookin forward to the October 20th ride, it is my birthday, but I don't think I can afford the nessisary parts before then.

Heya Tom... Where'd you get your FCR? I plan on getting one as well. Is there a main screw adjustment for altitude changes? A hot start decompression deal? I saw one that has a TPS on it, but I don't know if I can get that working right, that is just one more thing to go wrong if you ask me. The banshee had a similar mechanical system that was junk. That was the first thing I took off. I called APF here in town, he had a 39mm Quicksilver off a KTM 620 that I was considering having machined to 41mm, but it is an older carb and from what I hear hard to find jets/needles. It is cheap, ($75 vs. $500+ for the FCR) but I think in this case cheap = trouble.

All in all I think I need around $1000 in parts/improvements and this does not count what ever detonated in the head when I was on highway 1 in July. I got a hold of Linaweaver again, he said December/January was the soonest he could take a look at it. Even then he wasn't sure he would have time to work on it he said. I asked for a price quote/hourly rate and he hasn't gotten back about it. He may charge in first born children if the guy is half as good as he claims.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote