View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
tricepilot OP
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by judjonzz
Pilot, nice pics, especially of Batopilas. It is amazing how differently people see the same place, or at least how different are the pics they choose to shoot.

Pantah, you can ride out of Bato and get back to Creel with a side trip to Urique with only one river crossing, the Urique river, about 30 mi. past Batopilas. If you want to do a bigger loop out to Alamos and El Fuerte, you have to cross the Chinipas River and, if you don't want to backtrack, cross lake Huites on the ferry. Or you can ride down to Los Mochis, almost on the Sea of Cortez, and ride north from there, all on pavement if you like.

I think if I were going to ride solo down there, I would get back in the gym. Maybe falling down has become so commonplace it no longer affords a rush of adrenalin. I used to be able to pick my bikes up without much trouble, but I find as sixty approaches that sheer muscle no longer avails me; I have to try to outsmart the bike or get some help.

I still have to track down the rest of Gaspipe's Mexico accounts and read them. The guy is an awesome traveler.

Jud

As sixty approaches you are doing exactly the right thing keeping you young at heart. Keep riding and exploring new vistas, at least until you can't twist the throttle anymore. There are cures for that, too.

Next up: Mexico's Sea of Cortez and the Western slope.

Bob
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote