View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #42
brad21 OP
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Okay, I'm back in Bend and will continue with "Return from the 'Rump" as soon as my computer backpack shows up with my stupid one-of-a-kind Olympus USB cable. I can't upload any pics until I get it. Shoulda just carried it with me, oh well.

Oh yeah, someone asked a question about gas out in the middle of BFN. My tank is an Acerbis 4.25 so I can easily get 200+ miles out of it. I followed the number one rule of "don't pass gas" and topped off at every opportunity. I never got much beyond half tank before I topped off again. The potential biggest stretch was my second day when I turned off for Silver Peak versus doing the Argentite Canyon route. I was really more concerned about water at the time, but I would've come somewhat close to my range before hitting Goldfield. As it was the town pump was not open on Saturday, but there was civilization there and I'm sure I could've gotten gas from someone had I needed it. On the route back I never got close to critical. I will post a screen shot of my GPS tracks with all the gas stops.:uhhuh

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute

brad21 screwed with this post 09-26-2007 at 08:25 AM
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote