View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #53
brad21 OP
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,554
Slabbing was going to be the name of the game much of today, but I just couldn't pass up a dirt road heading in the right direction...

Heading towards Crystal:

More racecourse:

Hmmm...

Rode the old Amargosa wagon road or whatever it's called (I think it was a elevated, wooden plank road long ago) but this is what I kept running into:

I finally cut down under this barbed wire and hit 95, which I was paralleling and was literally a stones throw away.

My goal for the day was Tonopah and it was a long ways off yet. Quite a ways up Hwy 95 I found my turnoff towards the dunes.

The sand was nice and firm from the rain.

I was half tempted to rip up to the top of the dune, but didn't.

After passing thru the dunes I somehow avoided all the racecourse and ended up on a powerline road that was fast and fun. Pretty much took me to the front door of the Ensenada in Beatty for this:

I highly recommend this place. Big portions and fairly cheap. South end of town in beautiful Beatty, NV.

Onward... some slabbage, then a turnoff heading northwest.

Guess what. More racecourse. This would be the hardest part of the day.

I tried to ride alongside the course as much as possible, following some old m/c tracks.

Everything was soft and slimy out here and I was losing elevation as I traveled west.

At one point I was riding in the track and tried to hop out out of it to avoid the water and I spun out. Managed to stay upright too. Bonus!

That was supposed to be my route out there...

After my spin-out I noticed the front tire looked low. Sunuvabitch... see the splinter?

So much for Moose hd tubes. And D952 fronts. The low pressure was probably helping me thru the mud however.
Popped across the highway to this nifty little place and fixed it.

Took my time this go around and didn't pinch the tube like the last one. I was however pretty low pressure as I was trying to conserve CO2 cartridges so I slabbed it into Goldfield from here rather than taking the dirt.

more...

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote