View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
robdogg OP
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielu
Hi Rob-
nice report and thanks for making this ride happen - with the rain forecast and the gloomy day I would have stayed home and probably end up working

Instead had a fun day, met a bunch of nice like-minded folks, and got wet only at the very end of the ride home-

Great pictures, the one w/the Utah-like granite formation is my PC's wallpaper now - thanks also for not posting the one with my bike laying down for a nap on the FR115 hill- Glad also there is no record of the encounter with the police officer who mistook my attempt to bring under control my unruly steed- Even more glad that once used my secret weapon (took helmet off and showed my grey hair) and admitted to ktm-induced foolishness he did the right thing and let me off the hook -

Re: the second half of the ride I knew you would have liked the 'big rock' and the trails that led to it. I look forward to exploring some more the many dual-track, quad and not-so-quad trails above Cle-Elum. I marked a few intersections with interesting trails leading away from the 'no-vehicale area' the hunters mentioned. Given this week rains those powdery trails will go up a notch in challenge, esp. on our portly bikes.

Now we have an east-west route to teaneway road, my goal is to carve an all dirt (minimal gravel) route from ronald to the upper teanaway, w/out doing full blown singletrack scary-for-me stuff.

Anyway thanks again for motivating me to get my ass out of the house, and for leading the ride.

Gabriele-
ktm950se

thanks man.. and thanks for letting me try out the SE.. gonna have to fight the urge to get one now - that would be a fun bike for the Desert 100

and thanks for sharing those trails.. and was only razzing ya about the definition of ATV trails vs scary single track - not saying I would take my 950 A back on that stuff, but it was fulfilling to be able to get through that stuff unscathed.

glad you mentioned the cop thing.. I kind of forgot about that.. when the trooper came up to where we pulled off the road, the first thing I thought was he was coming to ask one of us to go get your bike because he arrested you

but as he pulled up, he had a big grin on his face and said he knows we're just out there having fun, but to take it easy when on the pavement etc.. we all had a good laugh with him - cool dude eh?
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums

robdogg screwed with this post 10-01-2007 at 05:48 PM
robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote