Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #98
GaThumper
Road Less Traveled

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matttys

Are these the Walmart seat covers? I've been looking for a low cost solution for making the seat hight a little higher on my DR and these will work well if they are cheap
Yep, they are the Wally World ATV covers. My buddy still uses his, I felt like I slid forward on mine too much and have it off right now, but I'm going to put it back on and give it another try. Tryiny to figure out if it's a little more slippery than the factory cover. It seemed to me that I would slid forward every time I hit the brakes, but I have noticed a bit of the same on the stock cover...

As for feel, it feels pretty good to me. My riding buddy who has issues sitting long rides due to his prostrate loves his. It adds almost an inch of firm padding with a large "waffle" type surface. For $15 it's worth a try, if it doesn't work out you can always sell it to a KLR guy!

As for the height, I don't really notice it although it's a bit higher, by the time it compresses you are gaining maybe 1/2 inch.

I have a tall firm DR seat with a blue cover that I might sell, it's a little too tall for me at 5'10", maybe 2" taller and really firm. I liked it, but it's just a bit too tall. I may ride it one more time before I decide to let it go but shoot me a pm if interested.

1996 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (for sale) 1987 Yamaha TT600 (for sale)

GaThumper screwed with this post 10-03-2007 at 07:20 AM
GaThumper is offline   Reply With Quote