View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #55
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Oddometer: 319
Day 18 Wednesday September 12

I got on the interstate for a little bit this morning, trying to knock off some miles. It allways sux riding on the interstate. I hopped off on a fun looking road. It didnt go anywhere, but it did seem like an out of the way place to change my oil, so I went for it.

Allmost hit this guy, who was catching a tan in the middle of the road. Had to turn around and get a pic of him.

I didnt take any more pics that day, it was miserably boring as I headed out of Nebraska and into Colorado on the interstate.

At a rest stop in Colorado I ran into the same KLR guy from yesterday. He was sweatin it out in his leather pants. Funny thing, both of us broke a Eureka tent on this trip... I guess I'll have to find a better brand, oh well, needed a bigger tent anyway.

I hunt out a honda dealer in Denver, but they cant install the barkbusters I need today, and I really need to be making soe miles to get to Telluride tomorrow for the Blues and Brews festival. A guy who works at the dealer (damned if I havent forgotten the name of the dealer, but its on Arapahoe Rd) named Matt was SUPER helpful. He's a really cool guy, he races dirtbikes, and seemed really excited to hear about my trip. If you ever need some parts, look him up.

I also headed downtown and bought a new tent at REI it was over $200 but seemed much better quality than my Eureka and now there is enough room for me and my gear.

I rode on to Idaho Springs and got a room at some off brand hotel for the night.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262651
funklab is offline   Reply With Quote