GCRad1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Seat Cover home wrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by radguzzi
GDRad1...
Nice Chronicles... keep 'em comin'.

Any more details on the finished seat and how you recovered it...? There is enough padding still for a good comfortable seat...? Excellent, I lowered my '96 with a lowering link but could stand to go just a tad more.
Thanks,
Rob

My RAD is for my initials...

All the crusty old staples that held in the old seat cover.

Hey Radguzzi,

Sorry, no finishing images of wrapping the seat cover, two hands, thumbs and such, no tri-pod or too lazy, maybe not even thinking about it once the N-Style ATS All Trac Surface seat cover came in the mail.

Basically, I just took out the stock staples, sized them up at Home Depot and just started stretching the seat cover and stapling.

I will say this, while the padding is perfect in the seat "pocket" or prime position, I could have use about 1/2inch more padding at the rise in the rear. I did not take into account the under structure of the seat - so if you are attempting to do please make sure you look at the under side of your seat tray and look to see if it has any "bump ups" that may make for a thin section in your seat cushion. While I came back and added some more foam back, it was just one of those learning things I wish I had noticed earlier.

All in all, I like how my seat now sits! I can touch the ground and my seat is lower than my step-son's 2006 CRF250!!!

I also have a suspension lowering link - DEVOL.
1992 ADV80 LAND CRUISER

GCRad1 screwed with this post 10-17-2007 at 09:34 PM
GCRad1 is offline   Reply With Quote