View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #76
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Oddometer: 319
Day 32 Wednesday September 26

Flagstaff, AZ

I hit AZ pretty soon after starting out this morning.

Saw some rock called Mexican Hat... its hard to believe that it stays up there, its held on by so little.

There's a bunch of fun little off road tracks all over the place at Mexican Hat. So I played around on those a little, but my strapless left bag kept sliding around.

took a picture of this big thing off the side of the road. Not sure what it was, something to do with coal maybe. It was massive.

Thats about all the photos I got for the day.

I went thru monument valley (I think), but I didnt see any monuments. I ended up pushing my way all the way to Flagstaff, since they had a motorcycle shop there, and I wanted to pick up some parts tomorrow.

After I got a hotel, I went to a bar for a couple of drinks. This guy was sitting a few seats down from me, obviously pretty drunk, and talking shit to everybody who came by. It seemed like most people knew him, and just sorta played along. Then he said something to me, something like "I guess you cant help the way you feel" I said "yeah I guess" and then he called me a "mother $%^& %^& sucking $#%^&". It surprised me how little that bothered me. I just turned back around and went back to watching the ball game and drinking my beer. I remember thinking "hey that should piss me off shouldnt it", but it didnt bother me one bit. Back at home I would have to hold my ground, but tomorrow I'll be in another town, and this drunk guy can get his ass kicked by somebody else. I did decide to leave that place before the 10 cent beers started... dont really wanna see their clientel that wasted.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262651
funklab is offline   Reply With Quote