View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 12:58 AM   #10
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by inte
I could describe the bike, or you could just pick up the March 2004 issue of DirtBike & look on page 70 - I bought this bike off Larry Rosseler after he used it for this photo shoot.
Great magazine, I finally subscribed. The last few months has seen coverage of everything from the 300EXC, 625 SXC, 450EXC, and the interesting article on your bike, and the 660 Rallye. http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/

Quote:
.....suspension race tuned/resprung by Precision Concepts
I think it would be very interesting to ride your bike, and a stock ADV back to back. So many different ways to go about revalving and spring rates. It Sounds like your setup is ideal.

Quote:
- alum KTM boxes (not pictured ... sort of an anti-mod - I bought the luggage, but there were missing parts - I just got them in the mail a couple days ago after a 3+ month wait ??)
Did you get this through KTM, or Touratech? I'd like your opinions when you get it all set up. I'm 50/50 on my Zega's, but the left one is almost two inches farther out then I feel it should be, and the right side is 3/4 to an 1" farther out, not to mention the setup really should be two 35L, IMHO, rather then the 41L on the right hand side. If I had known I would have ditched my R/H 41L for a 35L. When you add all the above together it's almost an extra 6 inches of width. But for solo tours, security, and rainy days, I think they will be worth it. Though, I will be using a soft bag setup like RapidTwins on the more technical trips, I find I pack way too much in the Zegas for this kind of riding, and the Katoom doesn't like it. Cheers, Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote