View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 11:35 AM   #29
inte
neophyte serendipity

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
I think it would be very interesting to ride your bike, and a stock ADV back to back. So many different ways to go about revalving and spring rates. It Sounds like your setup is ideal.
I've thought the same thing - just never had a chance to ride a stock 640. I went straight from a RSX620 to this bike, & the 640 feels very soft by comparison - even with the suspension mods. Not in a bad way though - this bike is designed for a different purpose than the 620 and it does it VERY well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Did you get this through KTM, or Touratech? I'd like your opinions when you get it all set up. I'm 50/50 on my Zega's, but the left one is almost two inches farther out then I feel it should be, and the right side is 3/4 to an 1" farther out, not to mention the setup really should be two 35L, IMHO, rather then the 41L on the right hand side. If I had known I would have ditched my R/H 41L for a 35L. When you add all the above together it's almost an extra 6 inches of width. But for solo tours, security, and rainy days, I think they will be worth it. Though, I will be using a soft bag setup like RapidTwins on the more technical trips, I find I pack way too much in the Zegas for this kind of riding, and the Katoom doesn't like it. Cheers, Mack
These cases were purchased for the article you saw in Dirtbike. I guess the intention was to mount them & get some photos of the whole bike set up with luggage & all, but apparently the mounting racks arrived at the shop incomplete.

I paid for the whole lot (bike, suspension/exhaust mods, luggage) when I bought the bike a little over three months ago, but have been jumping though hoops for the past few months trying to get the racks - the boxes have just been sitting in my garage.

Weather permitting, I'll have a SERIOUS ride report on the use of the 640 itself, plus the luggage, etc... stay tuned...
inte is offline   Reply With Quote