View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #79
Kongo
Dog's best friend

Oddometer: 537
This is mine just after I painted the tank, beak, and tailfeather -- and just before the paint started bubbling and peeling back off the tank. This look lasted about two weeks. Maybe I will get in line at BeemerBoneyard for a metal tank when one shows up -- next winter's project.

Name:  QuarterLeftFront.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  56.0 KB

It just went through 60K miles. The seats are from Rick Mayer. Came with that Staintune exhaust, so now I am illegal in Denver. I mostly use this for looking around the beautiful contryside here in northern Colorado. Having a GS makes it all that much better, no need to stay on pavement. Better tires would help for that, but these Tourances are OK for now. Next problem to solve: air over that stock windscreen hits me about eye level -- wind noise driving me to tinnitus even with ear plugs under a helmet.

Always starts & runs fine. Everything works: ABS brakes, tranny, and no surging. The right TB rattles a bit, needs a new shaft but OK for now. Amazing how small problems seem as long as I can ride it.

Kongo screwed with this post 11-10-2007 at 11:44 PM Reason: The attached pic is no longer there. (?)
Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote