View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
JayBo1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,754
Thanks for the replies dudes.

crazybrit
Quote:
Some stuff is Molex and easily obtainable. Other stuff isn't available in the US.
I'll track down the Molex ones without too much problems then. I'll see what I come up with on the other ones and let you know on here if I find something that might help you out with Euro spec connectors. It is just the "front end" connectors I'm looking for at the moment so not too worried about stator etc.

crazybrit:
Quote:
For the 2 pin connectors and housing that are on the end of the front brake switch and the flasher unit (so they can plug into the factory loom), I had to get them from Sommer KTM in Germany...
The front brake switch isn't an issue for me as I'll be installing an EXC master cylinder and front brake switch and it's a simple spade crimp lug connector into the main loom. (I suspect you guys must have a different front brake switch connection for US market though as even the standard 640A switch is spade crimp connector. Don't you guys have to have hydraulic pressure switch as opposed to our lever operated microswitch?).

Tempo:
Quote:
So far I've been successful just cramming enough wire into the factory female connectors then taping and zip tieing the wires in place so they don't wiggle free. But a proper male end would be better.
This certainly won't cut it for me. I need secure and reliable for the Safari Pig as the Aus Safari is around 10 days and 6,000 km's with 850km stages on ocassions.
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote