View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #152
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,964
Thanks guys,

A little update:

This weekend bmwgsbill and I went to Clark county to hit some trails before they closed for hunting season. We did about 120 miles on Sat. It was a great day to do some testing. The tanks didn't really slow me down much. Of course I could feel the weight, but is was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. You sure can't wheelie very easy anymore. I did not do any adjustments to the forks from what I had before hand. A little more preload may have helped I'm sure, but it was still pretty well balanced. In a few spots through the whoops Bill said I got a foot of air or so and it soaked it up just fine. I noticed no issues w/ the fuel sloshing around, and the crash bars gave me a little bit a security if something did happen, but I never crashed. I only got stuck once during the day and that was when we were screwing around in a small gravel pit.

Check out this link for some pics and video Bill took. Thanks Bill, what a great ride. Now we need to get some nobs on your sweet looking 950 for a spring ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=225
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote