View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #63
Menasco Pirate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by trallewatsch58
The stock top rack is not with these parts any more, sorry. The side rack holder is a Hepco&Becker, I am going to ask my wife if she would want to sell it, as she does not like them to be mounted its a chance. But would you be interested to pay for shipping from Germany to USA?????, I think that would be prohibitive? Pitty we did not write about this some weeks ago, co-worker just flew over last week with boxes of measuring equipment, that would have solved that problem nicely. We may have other jobs in the US coming up....
They are not mounted on the bike anymore, so sorry no actual pictures of it: You can see a picture of the racks in the pdf installation guide on Hepco&Beckers website http://www.hepco-becker.de/anbauanle...50189.0001.pdf the racks form this Company are bomb proof, they held up nicely loaded with up to 20 kg each even on off-road trips (never tried to jump with so much weight, thou). They have a steel plate to deflect the exhaust gasses and a connection behind the license plate holder from side to side for stability. Let me know what you think!

Good luck with the bike. I still love to run my wifes from time to time, its such a good bike for my style of riding. Pitty Honda lost interest in that market.

Stefan

What years do these fit? I have a US 1988 model

Steve
Menasco Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote