View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #68
Wop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Thumb picky, picky

I have had a 93 Dominator for 6 months now and appreciate it more every time I ride it.
I frequently spend 12 hours a day (and more) in the saddle without a problem although not in a straight run down the hyway.
I have ridden with guys on KTM's, vstroms, dr650's and even recently did an overnighter with a Honda VTR and a 900 monster. They all do some things better than my Dominator but none of them were the all rounder the Dommi is (except 950 Adventure....if you can afford one!)
Mine has 68,000 on the clock and runs beautifully.
I have heard many reports of them doing 100,000 k's and spoke to a guy recently who had 120,000 on his original engine.
Suspension is soft,especially on the early models and they will drink oil if you hold them at over 5500 revs for hours on end but you would be surprised how many bike do if they run at the top of their rev range for hours on end. Dommi's are cheap, reliable, a great all rounder and have a bit of character as you can tell by this rant.
I live in Brisbane and would love to catch up with anybody in the area who wants to do some weekend trips.
Wop is offline   Reply With Quote